The St Pat’s Fashions are a major highlight of the day and have been an integral part of the race meeting since its inception in 1966.
The fashions have had a wide range of judges coming from within the fashion industry, high profile media personalities and well known business identities. The very high standard of fashions displayed by the contestants continues to amaze the judges each year.
Many competitors have been participating for decades returning each year to compete for the vast array of prizes valued at over $20,000.
Entrants are required to present to the judging area behind the Mick Robins Grandstand at 1.30pm on race day. No prior nomination is necessary. Each section will be judged as they appear in the race book with a number of entrants chosen to participate in the finals held during the afternoon.
Fashion on the Field Sections:
- Junior Colleen & Junior Paddy (ages 1 to 12 years)
- Miss Teenager (age from 13 to 18 years
- Most Stylish Lady (36 years & up)
- Most Elegant Lady (56 years & up)
- Colleen of the Course (19 to 35 years)
- Most Debonair Gent (17 years & up)
- Millinery Award (open)